5.19.2010

DigiWhat?!

I really appreciated this 1-D, 2-D, 3-D stuff.

Here's my deal. I get 1-D and I get 2-D, and now I'm supposed to embrace 3-D. I was reading Dr. Digipol's articles on campaign dimensions, and I think think I've finally figured out my problem -- I generally don't care about what most people have to say. Keyword here being "generally."

This tendency of mine is something I've been aware of for um...ever, but I'm only now seeing that it might help to explain my otherwise seemingly unfounded distaste for social media advocacy. Perhaps my own nonsensical obstinacy has once again clouded my ability to think rationally.

I'm coming to see that this a significant barrier to my being in any way successful at online advocacy communication. 3-D platforms are meant to encourage and utilize discussion among participants. The problem is that I like to talk, but I really don't like to listen. This has proven problematic to me at many moments in my life, tweeting being the least significant.

But really it's not that I entirely don't care what people have to say -- it's just that there are few people's whose opinions I consider legitimate. I'm aware that this is a really unattractive personality trait, but I just can't seem to get rid of it.

But then again, maybe Twitter will help? I'm going to tweet something. My first ever. I hope no one tweets back. Could be awkward for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment